1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files your browser puts on your computer or mobile device. Cookies support your browser during your visit to websites or apps.
Cookies can have a different lifespan: session cookies are only kept for as long as you visit the website, and are deleted when you close your browser. Other cookies can be stored for a week, a month, a year or several years.
(See also the part: How do you refuse and delete cookies)
3. What types of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
a. Essential cookies: these cookies are indispensable for the operation of our website and apps.
b. Functionality cookies: these cookies remember your preferences for a website, such as language preference, user names, your interests or saved items.
c. Performance cookies: these cookies register usage information for websites and apps on an impersonal level and are used to collect analysis and measurement data, such as the number of visitors and which pages are most frequently visited. These cookies include Google Analytics (see also here below).
If required by law, we will ask for your consent before cookies are used.
4. Why do we use these cookies?
- At the beginning of each visit you will receive a unique random code (an 'id' or 'token') with which the server can distinguish you from other visitors. Your visit and your behaviour on our website are unique, so our server must be able to distinguish you from other visitors.
- We store preferences: whether you want to see the list of artworks in thumbnail, list or detailed view.
- We register in which language you visit the website.
5. Do we use third-party cookies?
6. How do you refuse and delete cookies?
a. If required by law, we will ask for your consent before cookies are used. You can accept or reject.
b. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by installing the Opt-out 'Add-on' developed by Google in your browser.